Sunday 12 May 2013

Decopunk dress is done!

Well, the Decopunk dress is finally finally finished. It looks nothing like the pattern is meant to, but frankly, that is a good thing because this pattern was suffering badly from a case of optimistic packet artist (Which, by the way, explains why there are only ever shots of the finished dress from the back on the internets!). It is glamourous and long and it swishes, but I don't have any pictures of it, because I want a picture of myself in it with properly done hair and not looking like I've spent two days in my pyjamas eating cheesy bread and watching Doctor Who.

Judgemental cat is watching you.
To make up for it, here is a picture of cross Sophie, whose crossness may have something to do with the fact that now that it is warming up, before I put her outside in the morning I have to kneel on her and force-spray her ears with factor 75 so that they don't peel off. Look at that fluorescent nose! 

I do have my next-next-sub-next project in mind (have I learned NOTHING from the Decopunk dress!?), which is to say, it is a dress that will be one of the next three dresses I make subject to willpower, focus and panic. 
Because £189? Really?  Hobbs Blue Invitation Vienna Dress
This pattern is super simple, and it will look nice on me. Plus I get to add a bit of length if I make it, which is important because I look like a fat stork in all 'above the knee' dresses bought from shops. I also have exactly the right amount of either royal blue or burgundy silk dupion that I impulse bought from MacCullough and Wallis back when I was well-paid. I might lengthen the darts in the front skirt as well since it looks like it might go a bit pouffy in the front. I think I will have to enlist the Captain's help in drafting the bodice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment